Asian Pear-Glazed Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb chicken tender slices
- 2 tbsp Virginia Gold’s Asian pear glaze, pear jelly or pear marmalade
- 2 cloves crushed fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white cooking wine
- 1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp vegetable oil (for frying)
Place the chicken tender slices into medium bowl and add salt, black pepper, and wine.
Mix well. Set aside for a few minutes.
Mix pear jelly, garlic, and soy sauce in a small bowl.
In a fry pan or a wok, add about 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil and bring in to hot frying temperature.
Add chicken tenders and stir fry about one to two minutes until the meat is cooked.
Add pear glaze to fry pan. Continue to stir fry the meat for a few minutes more until the chicken tenders turn shiny brown and the sauce has thickened. Serve hot.
Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh hot red or green pepper to make a sweet and spicy chicken!
Use this recipe with pork strips, mackerel or cod.