Asian Pear Pecan Cookies
Makes about 24 -30 soft cookies
PrepTime 20 minutes
Cooking time 25 minutes
- 2-3 Asian pears (peeled, cored and sliced)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans (finely ground)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
Prep & Cooking
- Place the Asian pears in a blender and puree to make 1¼ cup of pear puree. Pour into a Pyrex measuring cup and microwave for 2-3 minutes. Let the mixture cool for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Grease two large cookie sheets.
- Place your pecans in the blender and chop until the nuts are flour texture.
- Add all dry ingredients to your mixer and mix about 30 seconds.
- Add the oil and Asian pear puree’. Mix well on high speed 2- 3 minutes.
- Using a table spoon, place spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheets.2 -3 inches apart.
- Place the cookie sheets in the oven for approx 25 minutes or until the edges turn dark brown.
- Remove the cookie sheet and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a flat plate until the cookies are at room temperature. Enjoy!