Pae Yang Num Jang
(Asian Pear Dipping Sauce)
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 5 tbsp grated Asian pear (with the juice from grating)
- 3 tbsp vinegar (rice vinegar is preferred)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic (crushed)
- 3 medium green onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame seed (crushed)
- 1 tbsp hot red pepper powder (use more or less to taste!)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Place all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
Serve with vegetable pancakes, steak, tempura, egg rolls, in a small dipping bowl.
Use the sauce for as a vegetable salad dressing, especially delicious with green Romaine lettuce or spinach!